The New Year is approaching...fast...like super fast...less than 60 days fast. Do you have goals you haven't hit yet and are thinking they'll get put on the resolution list come December 31 for next year? If so, try these few tips to smash those goals before the big ball drops to ring in 2017!
- In the next 2-3 minutes, write down your 3 biggest goals for the year.
- Next, do a brain dump. Write down everything you were thinking about doing this week.
- Then, take your brain dump list and rank everything in order of importance based on your 3 big goals. Remember, the closer they get you to accomplishing one of your big goals, the higher they should be placed on the list.
- Now take a look at the items that are at the top of your list - those are items you should be focused on completing first.
- Lastly, look at the items that are at the bottom of your list. How many of those can be removed completely?
I find it helpful to repeat the above steps for different areas of my life. For example, I'll have a list of personal goals - losing weight, organization, and reading more books. I'll also have a list of business-ish goals - setting a schedule (and sticking to it!) and finishing the new website design / functionality. This way I'm able to separate out the different hats I wear and not feel like goals in either area are neglected.
Now go smash those goals!